Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meet MARIA a/k/a Granny Bling!



Recently, our office moved from a very large suite with lots of room we no longer needed to a much smaller suite next door. When I say "much smaller" that is exactly what I mean. Before the move, we each had our own office and 5 empty offices not being used!


Now, I am sharing a much smaller space with my very good friend and confidante, Maria. I am truly blessed to have Maria as a friend. She is worldly, a Christian, honest, truthful and loads of fun! She hails from Puerto Rico and is tri-lingual - with Spanish as her first language, English as her second and Italian as her third. She has traveled the world as an Army wife with her husband and two children. Her husband is now retired and her two children are grown. She has a beautiful granddaughter and a grandson on the way.

I tell her all the time she is very eccentric and I love it! Please take note of the "hammer" in her hand above. She wears pointy toe very high-heeled shoes each day (I forget how many pairs of shoes she says she owns). Normally, she has a purse to match and quite often you will find her wearing some type of animal print. Her taste in clothing, shoes and handbags is impeccable. She has earned the nickname "Granny Bling" at our office because she is truly the most hip grandmother you will ever find!

Of course, when she showed up to work the day after we moved in with decorations for our office - I couldn't say "no". There is an inner part of me that would love to be more like Maria instead of the traditional, ultra-conservative person that I am. With that in mind, I allowed Maria to take the lead in decorating our office.

Enjoy the ambiance of our office...










No comments:

Post a Comment