Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Story . . .

After almost 20 years of marriage, I received the shock of my life when my DH told me he wanted a divorce! I'm not going into details other than to say I was completely dis-illusioned by our dissolution!



As hard as it is, I am moving forward! I have a wonderful support system mainly consisting of the following:


  • my faith in God and his Son, Jesus Christ

  • my wonderful parents who have been as heartbroken as I (especially my mother who has held me, hugged me, cried with me and let me vent using unbecoming language)

  • my sister who has "been there/done that" and understands all that I feel

  • my niece who always listens to my drama and makes me get out of the house

  • my grandmother who has been my biggest cheerleader

  • my aunts (Joyce, Donna and Angela) who have given me words of wisdom

  • my great friends (Vickie - I wish mine had the same outcome as yours) (Shannon - my soul sister-LOL) (Melissa - my friend for life) (Tawnya - my PI) (Stephanie, Julie & Jennifer - the girls who paved the road before me)

  • my co-workers who honestly care about ME

  • my FaceBook friends who have offered so much encouragement

  • my church family at Forks of Dix River Baptist who have prayed, called, prayed, visited, prayed, sent cards, and prayed some more...(please keep praying!)

  • my fellow adoptive families who have been so supportive

and most of all, the three most precious people to me in this world - the three for whom this blog is named ...



  • my toddler, Edison

  • my teen, Emily, and

  • my one in-between, Kensley

They have experienced the best and worst of me over the past few months and it is for myself and for the three of them that I have made the choice to move forward!


I have received so many words of encouragement, wisdom and support from so many people. Devotionals, songs and bible verses have been such a part of my healing. I have had people across the United States, and in China and Guatemala praying for me and my family.


Through this blog, I want to accomplish so many things. First, I want to share some of what I have learned through this "storm" in my life (in a positive way), I want to share my life as an unmarried female and as a single mom, I want to show off my children and discuss parenting issues, I want to be funny and compassionate AND I want YOU to follow along - to give me support and encouragement, continued prayers, ideas, suggestions - anything - as long as it is positive!




No comments:

Post a Comment