Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I love to search for quotes about things. Just take a look at my Facebook status from day to day - LOL! Today, I wanted to share some quotes about Mother's.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's who follow my blog... and especially, to my own Mother. I love you, Mom! I could have never made it through this past year without you - nor would I have wanted to. Thank you for listening to me, for loving me, reminding me who I am and who God wants me to be.

Emily Dickinson is my very favorite poet - probably because I think it's cool that we share the same birthdate. I love to read her poetry although I have trouble understanding a lot of it. We were both born on December 10th - she, 140 years before me!

[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. ~Emily Dickinson

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

A father may turn his back on his child, brothers and sisters may become inveterate enemies, husbands may desert their wives, wives their husbands. But a mother's love endures through all. ~Washington Irving

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987

A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. ~Victoria Secunda

No comments:

Post a Comment