Sunday, May 24, 2009

Things I want to do for ME...

Considering the fact I was married ALL of my adult life until recently, I have discovered that I do not really know who I am. The "me" that exists today is a product of choices I made in the past and people I met along the way. I'm not saying that the "me" that exists is not worthy of existence, just that there are parts of "me" waiting to be discovered.

There are many things I have never done for myself that I have always had the desire to do. Many things have occurred in my life preventing these desires, whether it was marriage, my parents, lack of money, children, work or school, the reasons for not doing doesn't really matter. What does matter is that I am figuring out who the real Dana is and I realize that I need to do some of these things --- for ME!

So, here's my list:
  1. Learn to play the piano
  2. Learn to swim
  3. Take cake decorating classes
  4. Get a massage or two or three or more
  5. Go on a vacation by myself
  6. Visit a spa and take a mud bath
  7. Spend an entire week scrapbooking
  8. Sing special music at church (actually, I've always wanted to be a Wedding Singer)
  9. Earn my Master's Degree (not sure in what - I just know that I want a Masters)
  10. Have something published

Alright, I'll call this my Top 10 List --- Let me know what you think as I am open to suggestions as to how to get some of this accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment