Monday, April 6, 2009

Grief

I have learned that it is okay to grieve the death of my relationship with Wasband. I have not fully grieved but feel I have gotten through the worst of it. There are so many losses in a divorce. I know as I continue to live life, there will be other things I will grieve. I just pray it will continue to get easier. Here are a few of the things I have grieved the loss of:
  • hopes and dreams for our future together
  • raising my children WITH their father
  • the loss of Wasband's love for me
  • time with my kids
  • growing old together
  • celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary (or at least a 40th or 45th - gosh I would have loved to have made it to 20!)
  • the loss of my home and home ownership
  • the loss of a nice vehicle with leather seats and "bun warmers"
  • the Weeping Cherry Tree we planted last Fall
  • the loss of my horses
  • the loss of some of my friends
  • the loss of my neighbors
  • not knowing where my children are or what they are doing sometimes
  • the loss of Wasband's family
  • going to Church together with my spouse and our chidren
  • the standard of living to which I was accustomed
  • living 1/2 mile from my parents in the community where I grew up
  • sharing holidays together
  • sharing our grandchildren together
  • sharing all of the memories we made together
  • watching Wasband raise a son
  • I also lost my cook, my driver, my lawn mower, my lover, my housekeeper, and my best friend

I could go on and on with this list because I have lost so much! What I have realized is that I cannot ignore this. I must grieve my losses in order to recover.

Jeremiah 48:20 says, "Wail and cry out!". Trust me, I have wailed loudly and I have cried out and oh, it makes me feel so much better! It's been a long time now since I "wailed" and the tears don't come as often as they did. I still have difficult days but the hard days are becoming fewer and fewer and there are many more happy days in between!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana. I love your new blog. Very cute. It's very cheerful. You amaze me..holding it all together...and working...and healing. I'm so sorry. Not what you dreamed would happen in your life..many losses. Your kids are very blessed to have you as their mom. And oh my that little Edison...way too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete