Saturday, April 11, 2009

Things I've Learned in the Past 3 Months

A little over three months ago, I set up my own household and I have learned quite a few things about life, about myself, about everyday things.


Here are just some of the things I have learned:

About my household -
  • Furniture sliders are a girls best friend! I can move every single piece of furniture in my house without the help of a man. You should buy yourself some!
  • Landlords fix things that are broken much more quickly than husbands do.
  • Snakes live in town too.
  • Halogen light bulbs may save energy but they do not last for 6 years!
  • A house is much easier to keep clean without a man living in it but little boys are very messy!

About maintaining a vehicle:

  • I can walk into an auto parts store and find what I need without any help.
  • Sometimes you have to get your Mom to call your mechanic! Especially if the mechanic is taking his sweet time to fix the only vehicle you own and you have to keep borrowing hers!
  • The smell of "doe estrus" will come out of the upholstery of your truck and you can turn a "huntin' truck" into something driveable!
  • Touching a halogen lightbulb for your vehicle will shorten its life; it has something to do with the oil from your skin/fingers - so don't touch it when you replace the one that is bad.
  • I can check the anti-freeze level, the power steering fluid and the oil in my truck. I can also tell you which one is leaking on my driveway!
  • Rotors should be turned each time your tires are rotated (or at least every other time) and tires should be rotated more often than I thought.
  • I am going to need new rotors and new tires in about one month!

I have learned lots of other things about myself and about life and I would love to share them but they may seem "negative" to some who read this and I have promised this blog would not be negative. Personally, I would not consider them "negative" - just truthful - and sometimes the truth hurts.


2 comments:

  1. I like your last 2 posts a lot! I can relate to them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Dana, this is one of the cutest looking blogs!!!! I love it and can truly see your scrapbooking skills being put into action here.

    ReplyDelete